Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Why March of Dimes Walk is Personal



Birth Announcement - those are Theo's hands & foot prints

About 8-years ago, I was pregnant for the third time.   How did we get to three pregnancies?   Our first baby/pregnancy had a genetic defect, cystic hydroma, (fluid in the neck) which ended his life during the first trimester.  My second pregnancy resulted in a lovely boy, Chase, who recently celebrated his 9th birthday.  YAY!  Happy Birthday Chase!

In 2005, I became pregnant for the third time.  Everything was going well until it didn’t. I will share the details of Theo’s birth another time.  On September 17th, Theodore Hadley came into our lives way too early.  He was prefect, just not strong enough to survive at such a young age. 

I am grateful for all the love and support I have received during that time and everyday since.  For those who brought us meals, sent us words of kindness, who just sat with me, who sent donations to March of Dimes in memory of Theodore, for the moms who sent us a Japanese Maple sapling (which is budding)-- I am truly touched. 

So this Sunday, May 5th, I walk to support the research to help babies who are born too early.  For me, when my water broke at 15-weeks, I knew it was over.  I hope for other families that’s not the case.

Please consider donating at http://www.marchforbabies.org/carol_c72 

No comments:

Post a Comment